ETHER POOL MINING
Teamwork is essential. If a lot of miners connect to a pool, a high number of computing power is brought together. If a block is found then, each miner receives a piece of the Ether. Your share depends on the amount of computing power, you bring into the pool. Ether Mining in a pool, brings several advantages. You can also be a part of Ether Mining with little computing power and still receive some Ether or Finney (1 Ether = 1000 Finney). This would not be possible with Ether Solo Mining. Ether Pool Mining also eliminates the risk of coming away empty-handed. You do not have to download the Blockchain for Pool Mining. This way, you can save memory space and a lot of time of course. The disadvantages of Ether Pool Mining are rather small. There is a Pool fee which is 1% in most cases. Many Ether Mining Pools are not very transparent. So it is unclear, who is behind a Pool and what happens behind the scenes. We have tested several Ether Mining Pools. In the course of this, we have found that Dwarfpool is the most profitable one. However, there are also numerous other very good Ether Pools. You can find a list of the best Ether Mining Pools here: Ether Mining Statistics. In the following, we will show you what is necessary for a successful start of Ether Pool Mining with Windows in Dwarfpool.
- Configuration und Ether Mining
- Dwarfpool Mining Statistic
1. The Hardware:
As we have already pointed out in the Ether Solo Mining instruction, the type of hardware is an important factor in the Ether Pool Mining as well. We use the same Mining Rig for the Ether Pool Mining as for the Ether Solo Mining:
- Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme4 Mainboard (AM3+ Prozessor, DDR3 Speicher, 4x USB 3.0)*
- CPU: AMD FX 8320 Octa-Core Prozessor (3,5GHz, Socket AM3+, 16MB Cache, 125 Watt)*
- Hard Drive: Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5 Solid State Drive *
- Power Adapter: DARK POWER PRO 11 – Power Supply*
- GPU: Gigabyte R9 290 GDDR5-4GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP Graphics Card*
- WIFI Adapter: Panda 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter*
Furthermore, we have installed the following components (not mandatory):
2. The Software:
You need the “Stratum Proxy” and the “Ethminer” for Ether Mining in Dwarfpool.
- Stratum Proxy: Download Stratum Proxy
- etherminer: You can find the current version here: Download ethminer (= cpp-Ethereum)
Create a new folder on data carrier (C:) and name it “Ethermining” (if you have not done it yet for our Ether Solo Mining Instruction). Download both programmes and install “Ethminer”. Choose the new folder “Ethermining” as a memory location. After successful installation, you can find the file “Ethereum” in the file “Ethermining”. You only have to unpack the Stratum Proxy after the Download. Drag and Drop the folder “eth-proxy” into the folder “Ethermining”. It is important for the further tutorial, to exactly install the file structure as it is described above. Please also pay attention to capitalization. You need openCL for the graphics cards. The latest versions can be found here:
Download and install the required openCL-installer. We use the program MSI Afterburn to control the temperature of the graphics cards. You can find the latest version here in DOWNLOADS: MSI Afterburn. Download and install MSI Afterburn. Restart your computer after you installed everything.
3. Configuration und Mining
Open the unpacked folder “eth-proxy”. In this folder are two files named “eth-proxy”. The first one is a CONF-file and the second one an application (.exe). We deposit a couple of necessary information in the CONF-file. Open “eth-proxy” (CONF-file) with the editor and deposit the following information:
- change HOST = “0.0.0.0” into: HOST = “127.0.0.1”
- change WALLET = “XXXXXX” into: WALLET = “enter your Ether address here!”
- change LOG_TO_FILE = True into #LOG_TO_FILE = True
- at the end, enter the following: setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0 setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
- Save the file
If the necessary information is deposited, we can get started.
- Open the second “eth-proxy” file (.exe). This file always has to run in the background with Ether Pool Mining.
- Open a command prompt window by entering “cmd” in the windows search field and confirm with Enter. Enter the following command in sequence and confirm it with the “Enter” key:
- cd/ (Enter key)
- cd Ethermining (Enter key)
- cd Ethereum (Enter key)
--farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8080
--cl-local-work 256 (Enter key)
4. Dwarfpool Mining Statistics
Go to www.dwarfpool.com, in order to see your Mining Statistics. Enter the Ether address in the field “Worker Stats”, which you have deposited in the “eth-proxy” (CONF-file) and click “show”. You will get to the statistics page of your mining rigs. After starting the Ether Pool Mining, it takes approx. 20 minutes until you see the first figures.
* The marked links are so-called affiliate links. If you make a purchase through such a link on the landing page, then etherbasics.com will receive a commission from the seller. For you this has no disadvantage. We only use affiliate links if we are convinced by the product itself.